It’s Back!! Our annual Surf Swap & Sale at our Dana Point Hobie Surf Shop (only, in Dana Point!!) is set to go off this Memorial Day Weekend! We LOVE this sale!! It’s our chance to not only help you clean out those used surfboards in your garage, making room for a whole new rack of boards… but it’s our chance to buy those used boards off of you and have a brand new, though slightly pre-loved, quiver of our own!
You set the price for your boards, with a little help from us, and when it sells, 10% of the selling price will be donated to The Ocean Institute. Be wise in your selection of boards to bring down, surfboards 7’6″ and over sell the fastest and usually for the best price. SUP’s also do well at the swap, but as far as shortboards go, it’s hit and miss on how they fare. We also have had a strong turnout of folks looking for classics and vintage boards, too! Remember, cleaned up, unwaxed boards look the best in the racks. You want your girl to stand out amongst the sea of other boards, so shine her up nice and pretty!
Tell your friends, and especially tell that board hoarder you know, to bring their boards on down to our Dana Point Shop (again the sale is only at the Dana Point Shop) bright and early on May the 26th. We will start taking in boards as early as 8:30am. When you fill out your forms, make sure to give us an easy phone number to reach you at, just in case we have an offer on the table that you want to hear. We have seen people come up cash in hand, looking to get a bit off the marked price only to leave when we can’t get in contact with the seller. Price your boards fair and be willing to STOKE someone out on a new ride! It’s crazy fun to watch people find the new log of their dreams at a price they can afford!
Stop in through out the weekend and see how your boards are selling, and make sure you shop the SALE! We go BaNaNaS marking items down!! Our outside parking lot will be full of great deals, and we’ll have special markdowns inside too! Seriously, you will Not be disappointed with this sale and swap! Make sure you are ready with phone in hand on Sunday May 28th around 4ish, just in case we didn’t sell your boards. You will have to pick them up again that night by 5pm. But, trust us, we do our best to sell them all!!
Ok, if you have any other questions, call our Dana Point Shop at 949-496-2366, otherwise, We’ll See You at The Swap!!!
Clear Out Your Racks & Ours And Save Major
The annual Hobie Surf Swap is ON
May 27th, 28th & 29th, 2016 at Hobie Dana Point
Clear out your racks of all your well loved classic, retro, vintage, modern and over 7’6” surfboards. Shine ‘em up and bring ‘em down to the swap! Cleaned up, unwaxed boards look the best in the racks. You want your girl to stand out amongst the sea of other boards! Price them well and stoke someone out on a new ride! Then come on in and restyle your summer with loads of savings inside and outside the shop!
Spread the word, especially to your favorite board hoarder, and we will see you here!
10% of all surfboard sales are donated to The Hobie Memorial Statue building fund.
Former Laguna Beach Manager, and Hobie Family Lifetime Member, Whitney’s, tips for a successful Hobie Endless Summer Sale:
1. Be sure to grab a big blue shopping bag. This way your hands will be free for…….. What else? More shopping! :)
2. We put new stuff out almost every day so don’t be sad if you don’t make the first day (we got your back).
3. If the line looks long, trust us, it goes fast. We have it down to a science at this point.
4. Mornings tend to be the most crowded so maybe make it a late afternoon or early evening outing.
5. We have stuff for the entire family so be sure to bring them all.
6. Stock up on your Hobie tees; they are always a great deal.
7. The sale is great for back to school shopping.
8. If you need help please don’t hesitate to ask. We will be easy to spot in our matching T shirts.
9. Sunglasses are also a great sale item purchase. They never really go on sale any other time of the year.
10. Have fun!!
Tracey’s Tips For a Successful Endless Summer Sale ::
1. Try and wear an outfit that you can try items on over. Think workout capris and a sports bra with a t over and sandals. Nothing worse than waiting 20 minutes to try on one sweater.
2. Eat a hearty fulfilling meal before coming, and make sure the kids are fed too… you might shop longer than you thought.
3. The sale can be really stressful for our first year staff (let’s be honest, it can be tough on even our most seasoned staff!)…. try and show the team some love while you shop! We try and meet and exceed all expectations, but if we fall short, take it in stride and give us another chance.
4. This is the BEST sale to stock up on basics and ‘go to’ items.. think backpacks, rack pads, pocket knifes, plain T’s, watches, boardshorts.
5. Come ready to have a good time with your Hobie Family! We love this sale just as much as you do!!