Join us for a screening of “Paige”, a new film about big-wave champion Paige Alms.
Though she grew up just a few miles from Peʻahi, one of the best big waves on the planet, it’s Paige’s extraordinary passion, dedication and work ethic that has helped her break down barriers and set a new standard for women’s big wave surfing. The film looks at what drives her, what inspires her, and how she turns fear into fuel when the surf gets HUGE.
Doors :: 7:00pm with Live Music
Film Starts :: 7:30pm
Location :: Hobie Surf Shop Laguna Beach
Q&A after the film with Paige Alms
All Ages Welcome // Free of Charge // Open to the Public // Indoor Venue
About Paige :: A thrill seeker who finds joy in both extra-large, extra-clean barrels or one-foot mushburgers, Paige feels most at home in the ocean, be it on a hydrofoil, fish, shortboard, “log” or simply bodysurfing. As a two-time , she says her biggest accomplishment is serving as a role model for the next generation, and she always tries to share what her mom taught her at an early age: “Dream big!”
Alms is also among the group of female big wave surfers who fought to make equal pay a reality at the WSL’s Maverick’s Challenge. She’s committed to pushing women’s big wave surfing to new heights. With two Pe’ahi Challenge wins and as a 2X WSL Big Wave World Champion, she’s achieving her goals and bringing us all along for the ride!
Off the water, the big-wave surfer enjoys traveling, organic gardening, cooking and spending time with friends, family and her dog Mocha.
- XXL Women’s Overall Performance Award, 2018
- WSL Big Wave World Champion, 2017/2018
- Pe’ahi Challenge Champion, 2017
- XXL Female Performer of the Year, 2017
- First ever WSL Big Wave World Champion, 2016/2017
- Pe’ahi Challenge Champion, 2016
- XXL Women’s Overall Performance Award, 2015
- First woman to get barreled at Jaws, 2015
- The Wave I Ride, May 2015
- XXL Women’s Overall Performance Nominee, 2011-2014
- Nelscott Reef Women’s Invitee, 2014
- Co-founder of the Committee for Equity in Women’s Surfing, 2016